- 4 cloves garlic
– 1/2 medium red bell pepper
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, we usually use whole foods brand garbonzo beans since its cheap and low sodium.
– 2 tablespoons cashew cheese
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, you can add more or less. We used 1/4 teaspoon but its because Lauren likes it spicy!
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon salt, we used whole foods brand which has fairly low sodium. Taste the hummus before adding all the salt and vary the amount of salt depending on the sodium level of that particular can.